Cogeneration Consultants provides complete engineering and construction services for any power generation project. The following lists various engineering and construction services that have been provided to our clients.
- Feasibility studies and conceptual drawings
- Assistance with utility contract issues, both gas and electric
- Prime mover performance evaluation
- Site layout for building and outside equipment including building layout for facilities and equipment
- Preparation of building bid and construction documents
-Determining Utility interconnect requirements and prepare initial submittals
- Designing the electrical protective relaying, grounding, and interconnect in accordance with Utility requirements and applicable codes and standards
- Designing the mechanical and electrical instrumentation and auxiliary systems that are necessary for a complete, operating power generation system
- Designing the heat recovery system and interconnection with the existing thermal system
-Mechanical and Electrical engineering associated with the interfaces required for vendor supplied equipment
- Designing computer control systems, write programs for the process control, alarms, safety shutdowns and generate graphics for operator interface.
- Design PLC based, data acquisition systems
- Prepare specifications for equipment vendor quotes
- Prepare drawings and specifications for electrical and mechanical contractor bids and installation
- Provide project management services, scheduling, field supervision, startup and verification of system installation in accordance with design documents.
- Negotiate utility interconnect agreements.
- Substation and utility interconnect design, Supervision of installation and testing of electric utility protective system and final energizing of the interconnect
- Verification of ground potential rise to comply with utility protection requirements.
- Implementation of utility tagging and safety procedures
- Supervision of the installation of the interconnection, control wiring requirements for the various operating and safety systems for engines, generators, gas compressors, motors, instrumentation, and building protection and the preparation of operating manuals and training of plant personnel in operating, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Provide start up assistance in the final commissioning of the plant